Class of 2009-2010!
Leadership Overton was established as a joint project between the Livingston-Overton County Chamber of Commerce and the Overton County Resource Development Committee in 1995.
Leadership Overton is designed to motivate participants to develop and enhance the quality of their leadership in addressing pertinent community needs.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- To identify potential and existing leaders in business, government and the community to help them prepare for voluntary leadership roles in the community;
- To provide these leaders with a practical understanding of major problems and opportunities facing the Overton County area;
- To improve the communications network among leaders from different backgrounds and interests;
- To create a forum for people to meet and exchange ideas;
- To stimulate increased leadership participation and commitment in the community.
- City Government (Business, Financial, & City)
- County Government (Solid Waste, Transportation, & County)
- Health Care Industry (Hospital & Nursing Home)
- Economic and Community Development
- State Government
- Judicial & Law Enforcement
Leadership Overton actively solicits applications from all sectors of the community. A maximum of 15 people will have the opportunity to participate in Leadership Overton each year. Participants are selected on their own merits through an application process conducted by the program's selection committee with final approval by the board of trustees. Criteria for selection of participants will include:
- Optimistic doers, those who believe actions can be taken to create a strong future for the community;
- Sincere interest in serving the community;
- A demonstrated commitment based upon past community activities;
- Interest or intention to volunteer for a board, a commission or other key leadership role;
- An occupational commitment to remain in Overton County.
A diligent effort is made to select participants who represent a cross-section of the community in terms of sex, race, occupation, age and community grouping. The diversity of perspectives among participants generates much of the most meaningful personal interaction and personal learning in the leadership program.
A Board of Trustees oversees the operation of Leadership Overton. Members of the board are divided into committees that are responsible for the program curriculum, participation selection, community placement, publicity and finance.
TUITION AND DATES
Tuition for the Leadership Overton program is $200.00 per participant and is payable by October 31. Customarily, tuition is paid by the participant's employer or sponsoring organization. The participant is required to pay a minimum of twenty percent (20%) of the tuition, unless your organization agrees to pay the full amount.
Completed applications for Leadership Overton must be received by the first Monday in Oct ober of each year.
Attn: Rita Reagan
222 East Main Street
Livingston, TN 38570
*** Applications also available at the Livingston-Overton County Chamber of Commerce office. ***
Leadership Overton Alumni Members 1995 - Present!
Click here for Alumni Members
Leadership Overton Class Projects!
Overton County Welcome Signs
City/County Trees Project
Winningham Nature Park
Memorial Fountain on Courthouse Square
Home of Mike McCulley Sign
Media Room at Library
Mural of Livingston/Overton County
Vision Statement for Overton County
Leadership Overton Youth Academy
Scholarships for LA Seniors